Double Chocolate Chip Cookies

The night before my child's last full day of first grade, I decided to make cookies for the staff members of his after-school program. (If baking to show appreciation is wrong, then I don't want to be right.) After rifling through my recipe box, I fell back on an old standby - Double Chocolate Chip Cookies. This recipe is fast, inexpensive, and incredibly easy to make. Needless to say, those high school/college kids were delighted to receive a box of cookies.

Note: For a more visually stunning cookie, you could use white chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, etc. to stand out against the dark cookie and to add a different flavor.


Ingredients:

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 ¾ cup flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1-2 cups chips (semi-sweet chocolate, white chocolate, peanut butter, etc.)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy in a large bowl. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after adding each egg. In a medium bowl combine the cocoa, flour, and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and combine thoroughly. Fold in the chips and drop by rounded spoonfuls onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.


Source:  I acquired this recipe many years ago but I do not remember where or from whom I received it.

Comments

Popular Posts