Pumpkin Muffins

Life can be really hectic sometimes – maybe you can relate? Yesterday I left work, picked up my son from school, and then had 1 hour to bake something to take to a pumpkin carving party. I had pumpkin purée on hand so I typed “pumpkin muffins” into my web browser and found the following recipe. I was really pleased with how they turned out and everyone at the party who tried them loved them as well. Please let me know what you think by leaving me a comment.


Ingredients:

1 ¾ cups flour
1 cup sugar (scant)
½ cup dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon*
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves*
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg*
2 eggs
15 ounces pumpkin purée
1/2 cup coconut oil (or olive oil)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

* I love spice so I added slightly more of the cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg.

Yield: 12 muffins

Line muffin tins with paper baking liners and preheat oven to 375 degrees. Stir together the flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg in a large bowl; set aside. Stir together the eggs, pumpkin, oil, and vanilla in a large bowl. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix gently, just until you can no longer see streaks of flour. (Avoid over-mixing.) Evenly distribute the batter among the 12 muffin cups – they will be mostly full. Bake for 20 to 24 minutes. Muffins are done when a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let cool for a few minutes and then enjoy while they are still warm.


Comments

Popular Posts